Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Morning Update

This morning the doctors confirmed bacteria growing in Joella's latest blood cultures from yesterday's tests. They are still waiting for further growth in the cultures to determine what type of antibiotic to use to kill off the infection, and we will need 48 hours of "negative" blood tests for Joella to go home. Thus, we expect to be in the hospital at least a couple more days.

I stayed overnight at the hospital with Kerry for the first time last night (I don't count the night we first drove to the hospital to have her admitted). I can't say that I slept well, but it was an absolute joy to hang out with Joella and Kerry before bed. Joella's fever came down last night, and she actually started to really interact and "play" with us. While the past few days had been extremely miserable for Joella (she rarely would break a smile), last night was full of smiles and giggles and playful interactions. A month ago I would take this completely for granted, but last night it was received as a gift from God.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for the giggles!! We are continually praying for your family.

    In God's Love,
    The Griffins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joel for the information and what a joy it must be to see Joellas sweet smile.

    The scripure you used out of James has been on my mind all day. I have known this scripture sense I was a little girl but truly have had my eyes open to what James was talking about today. Thank you for the example you and Kerry have been to us.

    Please tell Kerry We love her and she will be missed tomorrow at MOPS. Our table will not be the same without her sweet spirt. ~susan

    ReplyDelete