Saturday, March 12, 2011

Update

Joella has continued to spike high fevers today despite fever-reducing medications. They found a bacteria growing in her blood culture, a different type from the last bacteria they found in our previous hospital stay, but they don't know the specific type yet.

She's mostly sleeping and refuses to eat, even pizza. Whenever she wakes up she complains of having a wet or dirty diaper. I feel like I've been changing diapers almost continuously, though most of them are almost dry. She may be ultra-sensitive with the fever.

Just a week or so before her ALL diagnosis, I remember asking the ladies in my Bible study to pray for my relationship with Joella--I found it easy to connect with my son, but it's been more difficult with Joella. Well, Joella and I have certainly bonded during these hospital stays. We've had so many sweet moments, and that is an answer to prayer.

Continue to lift up prayers on her behalf to the One who made the stars, Who knows every hair on her head and every cell in her body, and to Whom nothing is ever a surprise.

3 comments:

  1. Kerry and Joel -- We are home from church, knowing now that Joella's very life may be hanging in the balance. We are crying out and praying that she is being filled with her Heavenly Father's love and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about Joella. We are praying and I'm getting as many people as I know to pray also. God be with you, my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for God's healing power. Thru him ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Our hearts are crying out to God for you all!!! The Hudson's

    ReplyDelete