Sunday, March 6, 2011

Will walk for guac!

Joella has been camped out on the couch at home today--still not much energy or motivation to play. I was sitting at the kitchen table eating guacamole this afternoon when suddenly Joella said, "Guac!" and got down off the couch. I ran over to help her and she (with help) walked across the room to get her own guacamole snack in the kitchen. Maybe it just takes the right motivation!

My mom, who was at our house today when Joella decided to take some steps, said it reminded her of the day Joella first rolled over. Joella was two weeks old and my mom was watching her while I worked in the kitchen. My mom said, "Kerry, I think she's going to--" and Joella flipped, surprising us all.

We're preparing to leave around 7 a.m. tomorrow for Joella's clinic day. She'll have a lumbar puncture, bone marrow aspiration and chemotherapy. We may find out additional information about her leukemia. She will be sedated, but not completely asleep for the procedures. Please pray for wisdom and skill for her doctors and for encouraging reports. Pray that all of us would experience God's strength in our weakness.

3 comments:

  1. We won't stop praying. We love you all so much.I pray for God to keep supplying the strength you need for each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, we are praying for God's strength and healing for little Jo. Dennis and I love you guys. We are praying for comfort and peace for you and Joel. God is not wringing his hands. He who created the universe has little Joella in the palm of his hand. Take care of yourselves, too, Kerry. With God hemming you in from in front and behind, you are stronger than you would have ever dreamed. You will look back on this time months from now and wonder how did I ever get through that. And, God will whisper in your ear, because I was holding you up the entire time. Love you, Den and Lo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy that Joella is walking!!Katie Burchett

    ReplyDelete