Saturday, March 5, 2011

Prescription panic

We're home! Cameron and Joella are in their beds after a somewhat-normal family movie night interrupted only by Joella's five oral medications. It was sweet to cuddle as a family again.

The doctors released Joella shortly after noon, and Joel and I drove her home, stopping by a pharmacy near our house. A representative from our prescription plan told us Children's Mercy was not in our plan, but the doctors and nurses said Joella's medications would be available at our local pharmacy. Turns out, none of her medications were available, so as soon as we arrived home, I began a search to find another pharmacy in our plan that carried her medications. Many were closed on Saturday, but I found one that might be able to fill some of the prescriptions. I stopped by there, but the only prescription that could be filled today was her "as needed" pain medication.

I decided to just drive back to Children's Mercy to fill everything at the pharmacy there because Joella needed her medications tonight. When I arrived I told the pharmacist, "I know you're not in my plan, but no other pharmacies were able to fill these prescriptions..." and she said, "What plan do you have?" I told her, and she said, "We accept that! Sorry for the misinformation! We'll have everything ready in a few minutes." Thank you, Lord! I sat down and took a deep breath--I was a bit emotional and panicky up to that point. The afternoon was a bit more stressful than I would have liked, but God was my Helper through it all, and the good news made me thankful instead of taking her medications for granted.

Please pray for God's grace and help as we adjust to the extra vigilance required to monitor our daughter's health and administer medications. Thank Him that we're home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that Joella was able to come home today! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you are home with your family.I am praying that today will peaceful. Keep your spirts up Kerry, you are a fantastic Mother, God will give you the strengh to get through this.

    2 Corinthians 12:9
    My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong

    ReplyDelete